Friday, July 31, 2009

Eiko Ishioka + Grace Jones = costumes of amazing delight!






Eiko Ishioka if you must know... CREATED ALL OF GRACE JONES[s] outfits last night!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was looking I was like.. hmmmm this "style" seems very familiar to me... its reminding me of "Eiko Ishioka" just a little bit... and then when Grace did her "thank you[s]" at the end of the night... she thanked Eiko!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I have been a fan of Eiko Ishioka work for YEARS!!!!!!! She is best know for Francis Ford Coppola[s] BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA as well as working with director Tarsem on "THE CELL" and "THE FALL"... as well as her Video for BJÖRK[s] "COCOON" ... her costumes and fashion work are so very [recognizable] and last night I was like... wow.. these really are reminding me of her work... [[[[and it was]]]] YAY for me! [ha!]
But last night was amazing beyond words... it was [and has always been] a dream of mine to see her perform [and to perform for OVER 2.5 hours] ahhhhhh i seriously died and went to heaven!!!!! AND I HAVE MY BFF to thank for all of the magical magic-ness that transcended upon me last night! Thank you Jane! THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!! [i love you!!] giant hugs and much love xo xo :el fano:

images from: • Hammerstein Ball Room- NYC, • BJORK= "Cocoon" video • Francis Ford Coppola -"Bram Stoker's Dracula" • Tarsem - "The Cell"

No comments: