Tuesday, July 28, 2009

IRMA VEP



what does one do when one can no sleep... [one] watches IRMA VEP [el fano{s]] top [3] films of all time! {it rotates between} David Lynch[s] "DUNE" - Peter Greenaway[s] "THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE [and] HER LOVER" and Olivier Assayas[s] "IRMA VEP" ... anyway... IRMA VEP [ahhh i can't even begin to give you a "review" [so to speak] because I could be talking going on for hours and hours and pages and pages [ha!] but.. the star [MAGGIE CHEUNG] has been [as is] one of my all time favourite actresses/leading ladies/model/muse/[shall i go on] ?! [lol] .. anyway..
"Irma Vep is a 1996 film directed by the French director Olivier Assayas, starring Hong Kong actress Maggie Cheung (playing herself) in a story about the disasters that ensue as a middle-aged French film director (played by Jean-Pierre Léaud) attempts to remake Louis Feuillade's classic silent serial Les vampires. Taking place as it does largely through the eyes of a foreigner (Cheung), it also a meditation upon the then-current state of the French film industry." ..
with that being said.. the last 2 minutes of the film changed my life forever and have influenced me in my work, my thought process, the way i approach design, and well [its one of my favourite happy places to go to] =) one of ASSAYAS[s] best {ever} IRMA VEP.. 4-serious.. [rent it/buy it/download it/SEE IT] it will change your life =) I promise!! heee [lol] xo xo :el fano:

No comments: